Thursday 13 December 2012

Top Albums of 2012

2012 has definitely been an incredible year for music. I've relived my youth by seeing bands such as Hundred Reasons, Hell is For Heroes, The Bled, Refused and At The Drive In play live. I've also wet my appetite for new, exciting music by putting on shows for the likes of Gunning For Tamar, Slowcoaches, Bloody Mammals, Pylons, Johnny Foreigner, Crushing Blows & Shoes & Socks Off (goodbye Toby).

In the spirit of reminiscing about a year of good music, I've compiled my top 10 albums of 2012. This is in no order, and is probably a little preemptive and with some glaring omissions - but for anyone who cares:



1. The Front Bottoms - S/T - LISTEN HERE
2. Deftones - Koi No Yokan - LISTEN HERE
3. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - LISTEN HERE
4. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp - LISTEN HERE
5. Cat Power - Sun - LISTEN HERE
6. Pinback - Information Retrieved - LISTEN HERE
7. Metz - METZ - LISTEN HERE
8. … And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Lost Songs -  LISTEN HERE
9. Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind - LISTEN HERE
10. Dinosaur Jr - I Bet On Sky - LISTEN HERE

Honourable mentions: Perfume Genius - Put Your Back N 2 It, Old Man Gloom - No, The War On Drugs - Slave Ambient

Next year I'm looking forward to reliving my youth a little bit more by seeing David Bazan, Finch (don't judge me) & Deftones... as well as checking out Kendrick Lamar & hopefully a slew of other new acts.

Default This will also be stepping it up a bit with the gigs (I know, we've been slack in 2012) so touring bands - get in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment